- Write the purpose(s) of each of these colonies: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Georgia
- Explain what a borderland is and what a middle ground is and give an example of each.
- From the map on page 68, write a detailed description of the Triangular Trade. (How does it illustrate the African slaves’ middle passage?) (Use the text on pp. 68-69 as an aid.)
- Write a description of the Seven Years War (or French and Indian War in America). How did it start? Why is it called a world war? Where did it end? What were the results in North America for the British? The French? Which British leader oversaw the War? (Use the book, the notes, and the map on page 91.)
- Define/identify these terms (Use complete sentences.):
- The Great Awakening
- The Enlightenment
- The Commonwealth (in 17th Century England)
- The Restoration
- The Great Migration (in the 1600’s)
- What was a Puritan? Describe three types of Puritans, based upon church polity (organization). (From notes.)
- List and explain the Five Truths that are Self-Evident from the Declaration of Independence. (book, p. 824)
- Describe the purpose of the British movements on the Hudson in 1778, why they did not work out, the battle that ultimately took place (name it), and the significance of its results. Why is it a turning point in the War for Independence? (book, notes)
Understand the origins of Hinduism.
Analyze the significance of the Vedic era.
Discuss postclassical Hinduism.
Identify Muslim influences in India.
Discuss movements and issues in modern Hinduism.
Name the Hindu holy days.
Discuss Hinduism today.
Respond to the assignment questions posted above in a 350 word (min) response. To support your response you are required to provide at least one supporting reference with proper citation. Your response will be reviewed by Unicheck, the plagiarism tool synced to Canvas. Unicheck will submit a similarity report a few minutes after you post your assignment. If the similarity index is above 30%, please redo and resubmit your assignment after you cite the sources properly to avoid plagiarism. Please review the PowerPoint slides explaining how to avoid plagiarism and post your assignment accordingly. Even a single plagiarized statement will not be tolerated. APA writing format is recommended.
1. How do the posters from the earlier period (1933-1939) compare to those in the later period (1939-1945)?
2. Choose one poster that you think is a good example of propaganda.
3. What are three themes that are used in the posters? Describe how these themes/topics/etc. are used.
4. Why do you think Germany used propaganda posters like the ones on these two pages?
Discuss the progression of the Final Solution, from the invasion of the Soviet Union through the Wannsee Conference and Harvest Festival.
Discuss intentionalism and functionalism. What do you think?
1. What factors led to the creation and implementation of Operation Reinhard?
2. How did the residents of the ghettos respond to mass deportations and what occurred when the residents realized what happened to those deported?
3. What did Rudolf Hoess’s testimony at the end of the war suggest about the Final Solution and planned deportation and resettlement?
4. How did Operation Reinhard differ from earlier Nazi actions and how was it similar?
5. Was resettlement seriously considered and why was it not used?
1. Write a brief biography for Anne Frank in about two-three paragraphs.
2. What happens to the families once they are arrested?
3. What was life like for the families during the years that they lived in the annex. Why did they choose to go into hiding here?
4. We know Anne Frank from her diary. Imagine that you are hiding with Anne and her family. Write a diary entry for one day hiding in the annex. For example, you might describe the day that you go into hiding, an “ordinary” day during the two years of hiding, or the day of discovery. Write at least three paragraphs in your diary entry.
Consider and discuss how SS guards, who were apparently psychologically typical, could participate in the violence of the camps and einsatzgruppen.
Why was there so little resistance from the German people?
1. What were the four stated goals of Operation Reinhard and how were these implemented?
2. How did Treblinka, Sobibor, and Belzec differ from other concentration camps built earlier?
3. How did the Nazi party maintain secrecy regarding the Final Solution?
4. Why was the Madagascar Plan not used?
5. Why were some individuals, including WWI veterans, to be spared the Final Solution?
1. How did changes in the structure and function of concentration camps impact the eventual extermination camps?
2. How did the guards own prejudices impact residents of the camps?
3. What changes occurred as the number of concentration camp prisoners dramatically increased?
4. What did Eicke do and how did he impact the life of residents in the camps?
5. How was the asocial classification used in the camps?
Why did the management of the “Jewish question” vary in the East and West?
How did the invasion of Poland impact the international community?
1. What were the functions and roles of the SS?
2. How were the concentration camps organized?
3. What occurred when a prisoner or group of prisoners arrived at camp?
4. Which prisoners were the best-treated and why?
5. What comfort measures were available to prisoners early in concentration camp history?
After Reading Howard Zinn Chapter 1,2,3,4 Please provide a reflection (LOOK AT THE CRITICAL REFLECTION PROMPT in THE COURSE DOCUMENTS FOLDER). where you discuss some of the following questions (DONT JUST ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS)
What did you think about what you read? What were your initial reactions? What did stood out to you the most and why? How did it make you feel? Why? Why is some of this history not taught in K-12? After Reading these chapters how do you feel about the History of the U.S.? What was the primary motive for Spanish Colonization, English Colonization and the Justification for Slavery? Why would I assign Inequality videos with chapters on US. History dealing with Columbus and the colonies? How are the two connected? reflect on any of the readings between reflection one and this refelction. Please payparticular attention to the role that the ideology of white supremacy played in the justification for the American Holocaust and the the Mass enslavement of Africans? How was it used to completely dehumanize and justfy how these two groups were treated? What was different about prior forms of slavery and U.S. Based slavery?
Remember this assignment is open ended. I am interested in not just your response to these specific questions but in how the material is processing in your head and how it also makes you feel.
Philosophy in the Late Classical Period would provide lasting contributions to the world as a whole. Examine the philosophers noted on pages 62-63 and pick one that you will focus on.
Once you have identified a philosopher, discuss how the person came to be known as a philosopher and lasting contributions this person has provided to education, and the world.
You may utilize your textbook as a source and should have two other sources to support your stance.
The paper should be 2-3 pages in length.